Spring ramps from the famers market

Saturday morning we went to Pepper Place farmers Market downtown.  This was the second weekend of the season but we weren't able to go on the opening Saturday morning. We were so happy to see a great variety of spring produce. We bought a bunch of different things but what I was most excited to see was the ramps. They have a short growing season but the farmer we bought them from said he should have them again next week.

I posted this photo on twitter last night so I wanted to share what we ended up cooking with them. We modified a risotto recipe we found on Food52. Here is a link to that recipe http://food52.com/recipes/11641-spring-risotto-of-asparagus-peas-ramps. The only thing we changed was we used butter rather than olive oil and we left out the peas because I didn't want to use frozen peas when I had these beautiful fresh ramps and asparagus. This is our finished risotto.
We also recently planted our container garden on the back deck. I decided to try to do weekly photo updates on Pinterest so if you are interested in that you can follow along on this board: https://www.pinterest.com/vegetariansouth/back-porch-container-garden/