Goodbye August Hello September

Goodbye August! This month has flown by which I am thankful for because I am not a fan of August. By the time it rolls around I am sick of the summer heat and humidity. Fall can not get here soon enough! I am looking forward to Labor Day weekend. We are road tripping to Colorado for the week. I need to start downloading podcasts for the drive tonight. What do you guys have planned for the long weekend?


We went to Pepper Place farmers market a few times in August. I am obsessed with the micro greens from Iron City Organics and we also bought a new live edge board from Lula Woodworks. He is crafting some new pieces from walnut that was milled in North Carolina over 100 years ago. It is completely stunning! 


Earlier this summer I told you guys about my goal to work more yoga into my daily routine and how I want to develop a home practice. Well that hasn't been going so well. I have learned that I like going to classes more than I like flowing on my own at home. I feel comfortable creating my own flows but I don't think I challenge myself enough. I avoid doing poses I don't like and that leaves me unbalanced. I still want to work towards my goal of doing some kind of yoga everyday but I am focusing less on home practice and trying to find new classes to challenge me.

One of the new yoga classes I have been going to is a free monthly class at The Summit shopping center. They are hosting the classes in an empty retail space next to the movie theater. What a smart use for an empty space! I really hope they keep having the classes. I just signed up for the September "SWEAT" class on Eventbrite.

I am also looking forward to Global Mala at Vulcan in September. Sweet Om Alabama host the annual event where rotating teachers lead you through a series of 108 sun salutations. I didn't go to this event last year but I have attended in the past. It is really challenging but leaves you with an amazing feeling of community and accomplishment. Don't forget to put on sunscreen if you plan on going!




Follow my blog with Bloglovin