Goodbye September Hello October

Goodbye September! What a busy busy month! Time to make way for one of my favorite months of the year.  I love October so I always try to cram way too many activities in. We are planning a camping trip for later in the month. Have you been to Monte Santo State Park near Huntsville? We have never been there before but it looks like they have a lot of cool hiking trails to explore.
Speaking of hiking we did tons of that on our Colorado vacation at the beginning of September. Check out photos and recap if you haven't already. Also worth checking out Louisville Vegan Jerky. We bought some on our road trip and it was so good when we got home I ordered a variety pack. I'm still trying to figure out what my favorite flavor is.
The yoga class I was looking forward to at The Summit got rained out but I went to a big yoga event this past weekend at Vulcan Park. Sweet Om Alabama hosted their 11th annual Global Mala. It was a big group event where rotating teachers with different styles lead the group through 108 sun salutations for global peace. I got there right as it was starting so I didn't get the best spot. I was on the grass on a gentle slope.
At first I felt uneven but then I got into my flow and I felt ok but my mat was slowly drifting down the hill towards another group of people. Oh and did I mention the yellow jackets? I think they were attracted to me because of my coconut scented sunscreen. I was so distracted by everything and everyone around me that I ended up moving to a different spot about 30 sun salutations in. Sorry if I distracted anyone else when I moved but the bees were freaking me out. 
My new spot on the concrete was much better. I was happy and in the shade until the sun rose a bit more and I only had two bees come visit me there. I am so glad I went this year because it was challenging and completely different than my normal practice. The next day I woke up crazy sore.  

I signed up for a HOGA: Hiking + Yoga class at Red Mountain Park in October. Eric says he wants to go with me so we will see how that goes. Red Mountain is my favorite park in Birmingham. They have 15 miles of hiking trails and it is super close to my office so sometimes I sneak in a quick hike before work or at lunch. Every time I'm out there it feels like I discover something new. They have cool tree houses you can hike to and they are constantly making improvements to the park.
I am obsessed with the new art work we purchased from Roaming Roots wood works. I won an Instagram auction to buy it. We rotated some of our other art to hang it up in the kitchen. What do you think? 
October also means I get to put out my pumpkins! I love these guys made out of Georgia red clay.  We had one when I was growing up and so now when ever I see one at a yard sale I want to buy it.
What does everyone else have planned for October? I can't wait for the cooler weather and for the trees to start changing colors!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin