What's for Brunch September

Good morning y'all! September is a busy month in the Crutchfield house. We got back from vacay last weekend and it has been a busy week at work for both of us catching up on what missed while we were out. It's nice to have a little down time so this weekend we have been chilling at home. Perfect opportunity for a relaxing sunday morning brunch. The only thing planned for the rest of our sunday is watching football!
 I'm not totally committed to fall yet because it's still pretty hot here in Alabama (highs in upper 80s) so I'm not ready to go full on apple cider or pumpkin spice everything. I made Cinnamon Pear Mimosas that I found on the blog Recipe Runner. Very refreshing treat that made cooking a little more fun this morning.
Also made Pumpkin Muffins from the blog My Plant-Based Family. Holly's recipe is for a gluten-free muffin but I used all purpose flour and they turned out perfect. Her recipe calls for 1/2 cup of optional chocolate chips and wow they pack a punch very tasty and chocolatey.  The batter was very thick so the muffins are pretty dense. I need to save this recipe to make again! Eric is not a fan of pumpkin anything but he loved these. I think the nut butter in them masks the pumpkin a little. 
The star of the plate was a simple pear and walnut salad. We mixed in dried cranberries and sunflower seeds with mixed greens. It was tossed with a white wine vinegar and sunflower oil dressing. I made sweet potato toast for the first time. Not sure I am a fan. I couldn't really get the sweet potato baked right. I topped with cashew butter, walnuts and maple syrup. The topping was a delicious combo. 
This morning I also made some vegan chicken salad and served on croissant rolls. I will try to post the recipe for the vegan chicken salad later this week. It was easy to make and I was pleased how it turned out. Hope everyone else is enjoying their sunday!




Follow my blog with Bloglovin