Killer Baked Potato

One of my favorite things to eat growing up was a killer tater from Dixie BBQ. My friends and I would walk down Boyscout road to their trailer in Middle Valley and order these with all the fixins and sides. This is my vegetarian version loaded up with seitan.

 For the seitan I am useing the same recipe I use for my BBQ Seitan but just adding more sauce. Check out the link to the origianal recipe if you want to see the drier ribs version.

http://vegetariansouth.blogspot.com/2012/06/bbq-seitan-with-broccoli-salad.html

To make the seitan:

 "dry ingredients"
     "wet ingredients"

Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix all the wet and dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together by hand and knead for a few minutes. Cover 8X8 baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray. Add the seitan and smooth flat, then bake for 35 to 45 minutes depending on thickness. After it has baked allow it to cool to touch and then cut into bite size pieces with a bread knife. This can be done ahead of time. We often bake the seitan the day before and then just cut it up and use the day of. For this recipe.  I like to really drench the seitan in bbq sauce to make sure it is really well coated. To bake the potatoes first poke a few small holes in them with a fork and then rub with olive oil and salt. Bake at 375 for one hour. Place the potatoes directly on the oven rack with a tray below to catch any drippings. Just cut open and top with whatever you like. We used a little cheddar cheese, sour cream, and green onions.