Goodbye November Hello December

Goodbye November! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Rather than staying at home and cooking we went went out of town this year. It was really nice to take a mini vacation in Chattanooga. I felt like I was able to relax and slow down a bit.
Thanksgiving day we went for a walk at the Chickamauga Battlefield. It is maintained by the national park service and they have around 50 miles of trails. We were surprised that the visitor's center was open on Thanksgiving but happy because we were able to grab a trail map. The battlefield was a fun place to go to enjoy being outside. It is mostly flat and it is nice having a contrast of the open fields and wooded areas.
Later that afternoon we headed back to our hotel to watch football and enjoy our Thanksgiving diner that we ordered from a local vegan restaurant. So grateful that Cashew was offering catered holiday meals and that we were able to pick up that morning. We ordered several things from them but the star of the meal was the pot pie.
I am ready for December! I am obsessed with Christmas lights and anything cranberry. We have already started drinking more festively too. Check out our Cranberry Bourbon Arnold Palmer drink recipe.
I have most of my Christmas shopping done but still need to grab a few smaller things. Check out our gift guide if you need suggestions to help with your holiday list!
Over the next week or two I am planning on posting some easy cookie recipes. Baking has always been hard for me so these are simple vegan cookie recipes I hope anyone can make.
What does everyone else have planned for December? Next weekend we have to finish putting up our outdoor holiday lights at the house and maybe go get a Christmas tree.

If you like this post you may also be interested in...
Goodbye October Hello November

Follow my blog with Bloglovin